Data Engineer Intern
We are looking for a proactive and talented intern to join our team in Barcelona who can help accelerate our data analytics and thrive in a startup environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on the fast growing and highly popular fields of data visualization, data integration, data modeling and machine learning, by implementing algorithms for both internal and customer-related processes.
- Help build both large systematic reports and on-request small pieces of analysis.
- Provide ongoing reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources on a high visual quality, for internal use and for clients.
- Leverage popular services provided by Google, Amazon, or similar to solve a variety of engineering and data problems, as well as connecting them to visualization tools.
- Write high-quality code to move data from external systems into our data warehouse.
- Design schemas to store data for analytical processing.
- Work with all parts of the business to identify analytical requirements and formalize an approach for reliable, relevant, accurate and efficient reporting on those requirements.
- Collaborate with other members of the data engineering team to improve technical designs.
- Elaborate data visualization proposals to display the most relevant information to each stakeholder.
- A final-year undergraduate student or young graduate from computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or a related field.
- Previous Data Engineering experience through school, co-ops, or internships.
- Knowledge of NoSQL – ElasticSearch or MongoDB.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools (Google Data Studio, Tableau, or similar).
- Desire to learn and grow as a Data Engineer.
- Self-starter with the good written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with others to achieve team-based outcomes.
If you possess these skills and if you are motivated to join a fast-growing high-tech startup that has the potential to shape the future of the Inflight Entertainment Industry, please send your CV with a Cover Letter to email@example.com. We offer a competitive salary plus a potential follow-up engagement.