Senior Backend Developer/ Operations
About Inflight VRInflight VR is a German-based company with offices in Barcelona, Hamburg and Lahore. We are creating a Virtual Reality ecosystem for inflight entertainment. Our aim is to become the number one VR entertainment option on board of airplanes. We are working towards providing passengers with unique experiences that would help them fight stress and boredom. With Virtual Reality as our main tool, we envision the expansion of the airplane cabin to a universe where everything that is imaginable can be displayed.
We are looking for a proactive and talented developer to join our team in Barcelona, who can help us further develop and enhance the backbone of our system and thrive in a startup environment.
- Evaluating and developing tools for fast server deployment.
- Assessing clients’ server setup, defining integration requirements and suggesting integration solutions to development team.
- On-site deployment and diagnosis of issues. Getting the required information to regenerate the issues and solve the issues if possible.
- Facilitating backend and frontend integration (developing unit testing, developing automation tools, facilitating verbal communication between backend and frontend developers).
- Be part of the decision team regarding product development.
- Ensuring system robustness.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Hands on experience in Linux OS (i.e. Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu).
- Feels comfortable to work in Command line (CMD, Linux Terminal).
- 2+ years experience on system administration (Linux and Windows).
- Experience and good understanding of Docker + Docker Swarm.
- Experience with nodejs and mongoDB.
- Experience with AWS.
- Good understanding of server architectures.
- Good understanding of REST API development
- Fluent in English.
Considered as a plus:
- Experience with streaming techniques.
- Experience with load-balanced systems.
- Experience with .Net /C#.
- Experience with Virtual Reality.
- Big Plus: Experience with system administration and/or networking tasks on inflight entertainment systems.
- Competitive salary.
- Working with a multicultural, friendly, and talented team.
- Be the first to have your hands on new VR technologies.
- Prospects of growth within the company.
- Flexible working hours.
If you are interested in applying to this job offer, please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to our CTO: email@example.com