Lead Full-Stack Developer
We are looking for a proactive and talented developer to lead our development team in Barcelona, who can further develop and enhance the backbone of our system and thrive in a startup environment.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas. She/he will have to be constantly up-to-date with the newest technologies and should bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to non-technical people. The candidate will be able to develop API framework solutions for internal and operational needs, through analysis, concept development, and be able to coordinate the implementation of the agreed framework(s) upon stakeholders and client approval.
The Lead Full-stack developer will work with the management team to develop a high-level strategic operational architecture and system architecture that meets the company’s needs. She/he will collaborate with the team to ensure a high standard of technical excellence across all team activities and make recommendations for the most effective application of technology to meet the customer’s needs. Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multitask, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
- Plan, design, implement, and support the backend solution for a content delivery platform and the API gateway and management tools.
- Plan, design, implement, and support the backend solution for an analytics platform and the API gateway and management tools.
- Maintain and improve existing backend solutions for management control.
- Help CTO to transforms complex, strategic business requirements into Enterprise IT technical architecture solutions that span across diverse integrated platforms.
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and help project management to develop roadmaps for one or more products/components of the whole system.
- Leverage industry leading framework design patterns and new and emerging technologies.
- Design, implement and maintain the cloud infrastructure (AWS) used to host our Content Management System.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Drive research and develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of related IT experience
- 3+ years of experience working with backend solutions
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts, multithreading, security, design and architectural patterns.
- Experience implementing and designing Web APIs, preferably RESTFul APIs
- Experience implementing CI and CD.
- Proficient with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Proficient with MERN Stack development.
- Experience implementing and designing different types of automated testing.
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Experience with IaaS or PaaS solutions (e.g AWS).
- Experience with leading developers’ teams.
- Experience with maintaining and document versioning of the developed code (git).
- Experience with supporting teams utilizing Agile development methodology.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Self-starter, proactive, creative, disciplined, result-oriented, multi-tasking, team leader
- Ability to develop complex and technical artifacts, white papers, and customer education materials
- Eager learner that always remains up-to-date with new technologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team
- Ability to work effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
Considered as a plus:
- Experience with Docker, Jenkins, ElectronJs, Gulp/Grunt, GraphQL, Redis, MemCache.
- Experience with streaming techniques and content management.
- Experience with load-balanced systems.
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Experience with the Avionics industry on the field of in-flight entertainment.
- Experience and understanding of Virtual Reality technology.
- Competitive salary.
- Working with a multicultural, friendly, and talented team.
- Flexible working hours.
- Prospects of growth within the company.
- Be the first to have your hands on new VR technologies.